One-on-One Medical Interview Training
The UMAT is over and now your are facing a final hurdle on the way to starting studies in the medical field. We are of course, referring to the medical school MMI / structured panel interview process, which will be offered to the lucky few.
NIE has been successfully conducting personalised one-on-one interview training sessions for nearly 20 years.
The one-on-one interview coaching is catered to each student's individual and specific needs, based on their past life experiences, family, cultural and social background, past study experience, and finally, the university for which they are preparing for. This is a very intense interview training session, which places the interviewee in the interview hot seat before they attend the real interview.
Unlike many interview workshops conducted by various training organisations targeting specific university interviews, our aim is not to rehearse the questions and answers. In fact, we strongly believe, and have seen this over-and-over again that, preparing for a specific University Interview is the first step towards failing the interview, because the reality is that no one really knows, which questions will be asked at the real interview. And universities reserve the right to change the questions or structure of the interview ad hoc. Instead, we closely study each individual's demeanour and their style of answering questions, communication skills and general logics. The interviewer aims at fine-tune and polish ones understanding of the interview process and how they should tackle different styles of questions. Once these skills have been mastered, no question will come as a surprise. Furthermore, based on each individual's performance during the mock interview, each student will be given constructive feedback that they will have to follow through with during the real interview.
Please note, the places for the one-on-one interviews are VERY LIMITED and Book out fast as they are conducted by the principal / head academic interview training staff of NIE. Therefore, we strongly urge those who are expecting to receive an interview offer to not risk going unprepared to the interview and take advantage of our one-on-one interview training session.
Depending on availability, your session will be either face-to-face or via Skype video-conference.
Your interview session also includes a complimentary Interview Techniques manual which will be mailed to you upon your enrolment.
Can YOU benefit from Training for your Medical Entry Interview?
The time has come again where the focus is on Medical Entry Interview preparation. If you have been offered a university interview, or if you are hoping to be offered an interview in a future round or intake, don’t get caught out without a chance to prepare with professionals.
It’s never too early or too late to start. Have all your questions answered:
- What can you be looking up or learning in the hours, days, weeks or year before your interview? (Hint: it changes depending on the urgency of your preparation)!
- When you look at practice questions, do you sometimes wonder where to start?
- Do you fail to instantly recognise what each question is really asking you, beneath the subject matter?
- How fast can you distinguish constructs that are being measured, and do you know which factors are a waste of time discussing?
- Do you wish you had a safe, reliable way of organising questions types in your head to allow the logician in you to shine?
- Are you aware of the common ideas you must avoid to not instantly be ‘red flagged’ as a risk to the medical program?
- Need some fall-back strategies to activate in case you freeze up, lose your train of thought, feel like you’re rambling, or simple don’t have any idea on how to answer?
- Feel like you’ve spent years adding meaningful accomplishments to your resume which will now be wasted because you don’t know how to merge this information while staying on track?
- Ever wonder how you come across to strangers? Are you viewed as genuine or fake? Likeable or unpleasant? Humble or proud? Intelligent or robotic? Empathetic or cold? Interesting or boring?
- Why are they interviewing you in the first place, and who are you really competing with?
- How can you avoid being overly-logical with your responses, while still ensuring you utilise strategic material that will maximise positive impact.
- What is the strategic material that instantly makes you valuable to your educational institution of choice?
- And what should you expect on the big day? Should you wear a tie? Shake hands? Introduce yourself? Speak formally? Abide by which social expectations?
AND MUCH MORE… Do you use an effective answering structure? How are you with double-barrelled questions? Are you sure you’re answering what you’ve been asked? Does your personal communication style need adjusting? How long can you pause and think for? Can you ask that a question be repeated? Should you prepare statistics, and if so, on what?
NIE offers exclusive 3-hour intensive one-on-one interview training preparation for your medical entry interview. If required, extra tuition can be discussed. However, majority of students find that the 3-hour training session is sufficient for their upcoming interview.
Even more importantly, our specialist trainers tailor your intensive session to your own personal -
- familiarity with NIE materials;
- level of preparation;
- speaking style, including grammar, language, vocabulary, pronunciation, annunciation and speech
- personality type;
- cognitive versatility;
- prevalent interpersonal, oral and non-verbal mode of communication;
- knowledge of social protocols;
- individual presentation habits;
- extracurricular accomplishment;
- personal experiences; and
- private strengths and weaknesses.
- your individual answers to each question asked during the mock interview are deconstructed in detail.
- revolutionary interview formula that allows you to answer any question thrown at you during the real interview (this is very important if you do your research)
- body language, eye contact, etiquette, animation
- personalised hints, tips and strategies.
During your intensive session, you will get to experience:
- relevant strategic and theoretical training;
- a mock interview;
- a personalised critical review on every word, nuance, tactic and idea you use in your answers;
- and individuated, intricate encouragement tailored to your own cognitive, linguistic and communicative talk patterns.
If you would like to claim one of our limited training places for a Skype or face-to-face interview training session, do not delay in calling us on tel. 1300 974 187 / mob. 0412 439 115 / mob. 0404 197 178 or emailing or simply use the form below to express your interest in the training session. We will contact you as soon as we have received your application form.