National Institute of Education (NIE)
NIE is Australia’s oldest and most reputable training organisation in our industry. With a proud history rooted in academia and quality education, NIE was founded in 1999, with one goal in mind: to provide excellent assistance to medical applicants, medical students, medical specialists, and medical organisations, in partnership with career advisory and education networks throughout Australia and New Zealand.
We invest in our clients and their families because our clients are the future of healthcare in our country. We also provide experienced support for doctors in medical specialist fields who may require medical interviews, psychometric testing, or high-quality university or workplace applications, to help them attain the medical role they aspire to. With consistency in our quality services across the medical education training industry, we arrive at work every day dedicated to empowering the next generation of doctors.
We hold ourselves to the highest levels of accountability and work hard to maintain our place as Australia’s Number 1 provider of medical interview training resources, courses, coaching and information. Our tried and tested principles include consistency, authenticity, transparency and student empowerment, with our training and teaching techniques incorporating the latest research in neuroscience, emotional intelligence, memory retention, educational design, public speaking, self-development and psychometrics.
Our personalised and family-centered service has enabled us to help more aspiring medical applicants achieve entry to medical school than any of our competitors.
“NIE is an Australian institution in medical entry admissions. They helped my father gain entry to a medical program 18 years ago; they helped me do the same last year; and now they are preparing my little sister for a future in medicine as she finishes up Year 11. We feel like they are part of our family, and they support us every step of the way to reaching our dreams.”
~ Edward Tan
School Careers Advisors refer to NIE as ‘turnkey medical education training providers’ – because we look at the big picture for you and your family, and we guide you through the confusing waters of medical entry right from initial concept, through work experience and UCAT, and beyond university applications, medical interviews and psychometric testing. Our specialists travel throughout Australia, presenting at high schools on behalf of career advisory services, encouraging students to prepare for medical entry the correct way, rather than leaving their admission up to chance.
Our most meaningful moments are in following the accomplishments of our students as they progress from high school to medical school and beyond, and when clients of ours return to us as fully qualified medical practitioners, ready for guidance into their medical specialty, our whole team of experts is behind them, supporting them and cheering them on.
The first question we ask any family that engages us is the same: Are you ready to achieve your dreams of a career in medicine? And do you have what it takes?
NIE Specialist Services
- National Institute of Education is renowned for our following services:
- One-on-One Medical Interview coaching (online and in-person)
- National medical entry workshops
- Simulated UCAT Days (SUDs)
- Simulated MMIs (in coaching and workshops)
- Interviews Skills Advanced Studios – immersive training experiences
- Medical entry ‘Confidence Webinars’ – psychological help for addressing self-doubt
- UCAT resources
- Medify UCAT Courses
- Psychometric Test preparation
- GAMSAT resources
- GAMSAT interview and preparation assistance
- Medical program application preparation assistance
- Parent information sessions – Support for getting your child into Medicine
- High school information evenings – Medical Careers Advice
- Industry Talks and Round Tables – Medical Admissions
Being established in the industry as Australia’s oldest and most trusted provider, our valued families return to NIE again and again as parents progress through the professional echelons of medicine, and children and siblings then rise to the same challenge. We believe in supporting whole families, and we do what it takes to ensure that our applicants, where possible, gain offers from multiple university medical and dental programs.
As written about us in My Health Career, National Institute of Education’s “–sound educational ethos of specific distance education supported with ongoing teacher access and finalised with the excellent NIE face-to-face workshop and tuition, has been proven year after year as a well-structured, clear, concise, practical and effective preparation tool.”
We speak throughout Australia at career development events and have ongoing relationships with some of Australia’s best schools and educational institutions to train their emerging talents for medical entry. Please do not hesitate to call our NIE Medical Career School Advisory Service if you would be interested in applying to have our doctors and medical entry specialists come to speak at your school.
Still Australia’s Number 1 Medical Education Training Provider
NIE gets more students into medicine than any other provider, and we have experienced consistency in our success rates for twenty years, despite the many changes to the medical admissions industry. Our students’ entry results, UCAT results, and the success of our NIE referral system speaks for itself. Families dedicated to successful medical entry engage NIE to help them navigate the ever-changing environment of medical admissions.
NIE is internationally recognised, safety accredited, and is a member of Australia’s peak national body representing tutoring organisations and educational tutors nationally, the Australian Tutoring Association (ATA). As members of ATA, we endeavour to work alongside lobby groups and raise the standards of tutoring in Australia using industry research, tutoring trends, best practices and the highest quality resources. ATA also contributed to the development of the Child Safe Standards in relation to the legislation that took effect 1st January 2017, and all our trainers hold WWCC cards, having completed Working With Children Checks and police clearance.
Our gold standard is emphasised in NIE’s position as official Kaplan Certified Education Providers, gaining recognition in 2019 as official partners of KAPLAN Global, worldwide leaders in UCAT preparation.
After twenty years of excellence, we have attracted to our NIE team industry specialists in Medicine, Health, Advanced Science, Education and Teaching, Psychology, Adolescent Development, Test Performance, and Gifted and Talented Education. Our staff are dedicated to the NIE ethics of diversity, accessibility, excellence, transparency and care – and we collaborate openly with our NIE families to share best practice across all aspects of our business, because your success is our success.
NIE’s one-on-one Interview Training Sessions are the only Medical Interview Coaching program in Australia that gives aspiring medical students up-close access to their own educational or psychological consultant specialising in medical program admissions, who creates a tailored and personalised coaching program based on each applicant’s own aptitude, experiences, key strengths and universities of interest. We know that success begins in the mind, and many of our students gain lifelong awareness of their own capabilities during personalised training sessions.
We invest in the latest technologies to enable high quality training online from any place in the world, making you feel like you are in the same room with leaders in the medical program entry field. With advanced speaking, strategic, psychological and memory-retention skills that we humbly share with our students, we give you the option to gain excellence in medical interviews from the comfort of your own home over the internet, in our NIE offices, or in an immersive, group environment. We work in partnership with our NIE families to do whatever works best for you.
NIE are committed to excellence – to our clients, to our NIE families of clients, to our partner organisations such as KAPLAN, and to the future of the Australian and New Zealand medical industry. We hope you join us on the journey into the future of quality healthcare.
Psychometric and Interview Training for Medical Specialists
Australian medical specialists who are progressing to the next level of their education of career may wish to enquire about our psychometric and interview training packages for aspiring medical specialists.
As many medical entry interviews now ask high school leavers and undergraduate medical school applicants about their aspirations for speciality medicine, this list can also serve as a great reference for our younger clients to choose from, should they wish to focus any parts of their medical interview training on the specialty of their choice.
- Anaesthetist – administers anaesthesia and monitors patients during surgery, and treats chronic pain syndromes
- Cardiologist– treats heart conditions
- Dermatologist – treats skin conditions, including some skin cancers
- Endocrinologist– treats conditions of the endocrine system, which is a group of organs in the body that make hormones
- Gastroenterologist– treats digestive disorders
- GP – general practitioner
- Gynaecologist– treats conditions of the female reproductive system and genital tract
- Haematologist– treats conditions of the blood and blood-forming tissues
- Neurologist– treats conditions of the nervous system
- Neurosurgeon – performs surgery on the brain and nervous system
- Obstetrician– treats women during pregnancy and childbirth
- Oncologist– treats cancer and other tumours
- Ophthalmologist– treats eye injuries and conditions
- Oral and maxillofacial surgeon– surgically treats conditions, injuries and birth defects of the hard and soft tissues of the face, mouth and jaws
- Orthopaedic surgeon– treats injuries and conditions of the musculoskeletal system
- Otolaryngologist– treats conditions of the ear, nose, throat and neck
- Paediatrician– treats infants, toddlers, children and teenagers
- Plastic surgeon– restores, reconstructs, corrects or changes the shape and appearance of facial and body features
- Psychiatrist– treats people with mental and emotional health issues
- Radiologist- uses medical imaging technologies to diagnose and treat injury and disease
- Respiratory physician– treats conditions and diseases of the lungs
- Rheumatologist– treats rheumatic conditions characterised by inflammation, muscles soreness or joint pain
- Urologist – diagnoses and treats the urinary tract and the male reproductive system.
If you are interested in a specialty that is not on this list, please mention it to our friendly staff when you book your medical interview training session on 1300 974 187.