- Sun. 11 Oct 2020, 10.00 am - 5.00pm & Tues. 13th Oct 2020, 5.00pm - 9.00pm
- Sat. 14 Nov 2020, 10.00 am - 5.00pm & Tues. 17th Nov 2020, 5.00pm - 9.00pm
- Sat. 21 Nov 2020, 10.00 am - 5.00pm & Tues. 24th Nov 2020, 5.00pm- 9.00pm
- Sat. 19 Dec 2020, 10.00 am - 5.00pm & Tues. 22nd Dec 2020, 5.00pm - 9.00pm
The Medical Interview Training Advanced Studio is an immersive interview training program. Places are limited in each studio to sustain the intimate training environment, so enroll early to ensure you don’t miss out. This training is also available in various major Australian cities – or at high schools via request.
The advanced program consists of:
- 6 hours of immersive live-online training (10am - 5pm )
- 4 hours of interactive live-online webinar (5pm - 9pm AEDT); and
- A detailed Advanced Studio Workbook (75 pages), that supports studio and webinar learning activities.
The Advanced Studio teaches correct approaches and mental models that allow for overanalysis, perfectionism, and overthinking to work for you as strengths, rather than against you as weaknesses that impede performance.
Candidates learn how to apply this theory in four ways, via:
- Mastering self-expression to address personal examples, motivations, strengths, weaknesses, and attributes inside an immersive studio environment.
- Mastering question context to develop the ‘X-ray vision’ they need to understand question types and the methodological patterns behind the marking criteria.
- Creating their own Toolkits, as a ‘one-stop-shop’ that includes examples of a candidate’s own life events that serves to avoid danger zones and to highlight their most valuable assets.
- A mock medical interview where students get to try their new skills out in a simulated medical interview environment.
Immersive Training for Perfectionists and Overthinkers
The aspiring medical student population can tend towards overanalysis, perfectionism, and overthinking when preparing for medical school interviews. Candidates commonly swing between the two poles of over-practicing answers by rote to create awkward, counterfeit responses – and staring blankly at practice items as they wonder what is being measured, what the “correct” response is, and how likely it is that they will be asked such a question.
Fear not. These predispositions and thought patterns need not railroad your efforts to gain medical entry. They can actually become your superpowers when reformed with the correct approach and mental models that allow overanalysis, perfectionism, and overthinking to work for you, rather than against you.
If you have attended NIE’s Medical Interview Preparation Workshop you’ll have realised that there is a theoretical approach to interviews that many people overlook; which is one-quarter of the medical interview puzzle. Advanced Studio training progresses one step further – using psychological methods to elicit the other three-quarters of the ideal medical interview model in a way that is personalised and easy to retain.
Advanced Studio Focus
Candidates learn how to apply this theory in four ways:
- Mastering Self Expression: We help establish your ‘Congruent True Self’ which can be used to supply personal examples, motivations, strengths, weaknesses, and attributes inside an immersive studio environment. It’s also a voyage in self-discovery that can help a candidate in their future studies, relationships and careers.
- Mastering Question Context: Students gain the ‘X-ray vision’ they need to understand the underbelly of every single question type, and what the interviewer is really asking them. This is gained by establishing a methodological understanding of the interview environment and the patterns behind the questions asked.
- Creating a Personal Toolkit: Each student is guided in creating one ‘Toolkit’ of materials that reflect the essence of who they are as individuals, makes their learning easily memorable, and helping them to avoid ‘overwhelm’ when practicing for interviews or performing on their big day. Students are taught how to use this Toolkit as their ‘go-to’ method for finding material when they are put on the spot. It includes a structured way of organizing the examples of their own life events which serves to avoid danger zones and to highlight a candidate's most valuable assets and therefore help them fulfill selection criteria.
- Mock Medical Interview: Lastly, students get to try their hand at demonstrating their newly acquired medical interview techniques. All of the above learning culminates in a mock interview where students get to try their new skills out in a simulated Medical Interview environment.
Advanced Studio workshop includes 2 components:
The Medical Interview Training Advanced Studio Program runs over 10 intensive hours which consists of:
- 6 hours of immersive live-online training in the group environment.
- 4 hours of interactive group webinar training (online) as a follow-up.
- Advanced Studio Workbook, that is used to guide Medical Interview Advanced Studio and Webinar activities and homework.
The Advanced Studio Workbook is 75 pages long, and below are the few pages for your preview.
Don't miss - ENROL NOW to secure your spot