Are you aspiring to pursue Dentistry at James Cook University, JCU?
Did you know that James Cook University does not require a UCAT score as part of the application process for medicine or dentistry? However, this year a written application for dentistry will be used as part of the selection process. Also, 3 letters of support will be used for dentistry and medicine as part of the selection criteria to the next stage which is the medical interview. If also applying for medicine at JCU, you need to be well aware and well-versed across the areas of Indigenous, rural, and tropical health issues in rural and remote medicine for the medical interview step.
Webinar date: 23 September 2023
Duration: 2.00pm - 5.00pm (AEST)
Presenters: Rebekah Ramsey and Jake Bennett
Book early as spots are limited.
PLEASE NOTE: NO RECORDING of this session will be made available as this is a live online webinar. You will be provided with workshop slides.
We understand that the JCU application process can be overwhelming, and that's why we're here to help!
On the 23rd of September 2023 we are conducting an informative workshop webinar during which you will gain valuable insights, practical tips, and personalised advice to create a standout application for the Dental Degree program at James Cook University as well as gain in-depth insight about the rural medicine and indigenous health issues for you medical and dental interview readiness.
During the session, you will be working through the written component of the James Cook University Dentistry application. The focus will be on getting the tone of your application "just right" to show your true self and how you will add value to the university course. You will learn how to use the application to present your strengths and to create a competitive written response to the JCU questions, while also demonstrating your understanding of the importance of rural and Indigenous health. To do this there will be guided tasks and activities to get you started and discussions on where to improve.
Finally, medicine and dentistry applications require up to three letters of support. During the training session you will also look at the necessary support documents and how to coordinate the collection of these from your supporters. The session will conclude with you drafting your dentistry JCU written application which you can continue to work on in preparation for the submission of the application by the due date.
In this workshop, we will cover the following topics
- Learn valuable tips on organising your application materials effectively.
- Gain insights into the application requirements and guidelines set by James Cook University.
- Discover strategies for crafting a compelling written application (personal statement) answers that showcases your unique qualities.
- Find out how to obtain strong letters of recommendation to strengthen your application.
Rural and Indigenous Health Issues:
- Understand the significance of rural and Indigenous health in the medical field.
- Explore James Cook University's focus on rural and Indigenous health and the opportunities it offers.
- Learn how to highlight your experiences and involvement in rural and Indigenous communities.
- Gain insights into the challenges and rewards of practicing healthcare in these areas.
Conclusion / Summary and Q&A:
- Summarise key points from the workshop.
- Provide an opportunity for participants to ask questions and address any concerns.
Don't miss this opportunity to equip yourself with the knowledge and tools needed to excel in your JCU dental school application. Reserve your spot now!
Note: This workshop is open to all applicants interested in applying for the Dental and Medical Degrees program at James Cook University. Whether you're a recent graduate, a career changer, or someone with a passion for healthcare, this webinar is designed to support and guide you through the application process.
Subscribe to Medical Entry Newsletter
NIE will keep you up-to-date with the relevant UCAT, pathways into medicine, and career in health news, as well as any upcoming NIE events. Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed.