Interactive live webinar conducted by an experienced NSW secondary education teacher, specialising in English and literacy advanced skills as well as being a Kaplan Certified UCAT Trainer.
The session will be conducted over two evenings from 7 - 9 pm (AEDT). This is an intensive advanced VR skills training program, including a full VR Section mock test.
The verbal reasoning (VR) section of the UCAT, has proven as one of the most challenging sections of the UCAT to prepare for as practicing questions only, is not the most efficient way of preparing. Verbal reasoning requires certain fundamental language and reading skills that normally can take a long time to fully develop.
VR was also the section of the UCAT, which was singled out by a number of universities as the aggregate to allow them to better cull down the number of applicants and select candidates for the medical admission interview process.
Therefore, we have prepared an intensive crash-course, which is designed to teach you advanced skills and strategies specifically applicable to the VR section of the UCAT. Much of the work and lesson planning for this program has been completed by one of NIE's senior teachers, with over 20 years of experience in teaching English and advanced literacy at one of the most elite selective high schools in Sydney. The program will also be facilitated by the same teacher.
- A better understanding of VR requirements and its' testing criteria
- VR challenges: Breaking down VR and addressing specific language hurdles
- Question-type specific skills for TFC, Comprehension, and Inference type questions.
- Advanced speed reading strategies
- Strategies for improving memory retention
- Preparation advise and guidance
- Mock VR section test (21 minutes) to be completed post-workshop.